August 1, 2020 is the the first official day for the start of Fall Sports Practices. The BHS Football Team will have a session on Saturday, while the remainder of the HS and MS Teams will be starting sometime during the week of Monday, August 3, 2020. Contact the HS Head Coach of your sport with specific questions (see contact info at the end of this article).
A few reminders for our Student-Athletes and Parents/Guardians:
- Must be enrolled and registered as a student in the BCSD for the 2020-21 school year to participate in any sport/extracurricular activity.
- Make sure that each student-athlete and parent are registered on Final Forms and ALL forms have been completed and signed (2020-21 Final Forms Registration (Parent & Student).
- This includes the acknowledgement of viewing the 2020-21 Student/Parent Fall OHSAA Preseason Meeting Presentation (which we will not be having in person as originally scheduled due to the Mass Gathering Order that is currently still in place) and completing the Waiver/Release For Communicable Diseases Including Covid-19.
- We recommend you make a copy of your physical for your records and/or in case it is needed for a work permit. Your family medical professional also keeps a copy for their records.
- All student-athletes need to have a physical on file that and is current with the BHS Athletic Department as of August 1, 2020 (2020-21 OHSAA Physical Evaluation Form). Physicals are good for one and year and one month from the previous physical date (13 months).
- Students will be required to have their own water(s) and mask to travel to and from their team’s activities. Masks should be worn and physical distancing practiced when not involved in their team’s physical activity.
How do I get a hold of my coach if I have any questions? Parents and student-athletes should contact the BHS coach for MS and HS questions.
- Boys’ Soccer (Scott Kelley) – email@example.com
- Cheerleading (Kendal Baker) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country (Matt Latham) – email@example.com
- Football (Anthony Gotto)- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls’ Soccer (Matt Miller) – email@example.com
- Golf (David Kaser)- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennis (Ann Lynch)- email@example.com
- Volleyball (Nick Williams)- firstname.lastname@example.org